Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Production of Happiness

I want a career in which my job is simply to make people happy. I know that this seems kind of far-fetched. I mean, how can one have a job that produces only positive results? Sure, they say become a teacher or a social worker, but I just can't see myself reaching out far enough.

If I could do anything that I wanted, no restrictions, I would like to host a TV show similar to Extreme Makeover. Except this show would involve participating in a different program every week to help some particular interest group. Say one week I would get together a group of people to read books to children with learning disabilities, another week I would teach poor, single mothers how to cook cheap but healthy meals for their children, and another week I would aid in building a new school in a poor neighborhood. I could call it the Service Project.

So you think hmm, why not just start a charity? It's not enough! I want to be able to help people in all areas of poverty: ailing school, sick patients, children with disabilities. But it's not just that. I want to make everyone happy. Even those who may not necessarily need the help. The problem is that there is just no awareness of these things. That's why I don't just want a charity, I want a show. I think that advertising these issues is the only way to get more support.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment