Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Poem #2

Dear Dream Girl

To the girl who wore tears like face paint
I never knew you were superhuman
We threw sticks and picked flowers
Never knowing how close the future was
To the girl who believed that God’s eyes were just past the clouds
Laying wet beneath the trees looking for them
You were always a dreamer
Dear girl, one day I’ll be sitting at home alone
Wondering why I never dreamed
Never dance, never sang, never lived
Those days where we lived Mary Poppins sidewalks
And Wizard of Oz storms
We were only pretending
Dear girl, I’ve been waiting for the day when peace reaches humanity
Waiting for the stars to fall
Waiting for the day when we don’t have to dream because nothing could possibly be        better
To the girl who wore scars like medals
Bruises like polka dots and sweat like bronzer
I guess dreaming was all you could do
Dear girl,
It’s been some time now since we’ve played in the grass
I still can’t sing
The stars are still in the sky
Waiting for God’s eyes to tell them to let go
Dear girl,

One day 

No comments:

Post a Comment