Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Starkid: Working their way down the road to Stardom.

I haven't updated my obsession list, so I figured I would write a quick little post about Starkid since I have been on a Starkid binge lately.

So Starkid is a performance group. You probably haven't heard of them, but I'm sure you've heard of Darren Criss: famous for starring in Glee and on Broadway.

Well Darren got his start on Starkid. In college, a group of students got together and made a musical for their final project which they titled A Very Potter Musical. They put the show on youtube and it became ultra-famous. The show is a musical parody on the Harry Potter films and it's hilarious. Also the actors are super talented. Darren played Harry.

The group eventually went on to make A Very Potter Sequel and A Very Potter Senior Year. Since then, they have attended countless conventions (LeakyCon, ComicCon, etc.), have done performance tours, have been interviewed on tv, and much more.

They also have a list of other shows that they have done which include Holy Musical B@man, my favorite and a play on Batman and the DC Heroes; Me and My Dick, a slightly raunchy musical about sex; Starship, a futuristic musical about outerspace exploration; and their newest show Twisted, a parody of Wicked about Jafar and Aladdin.

The group is great. They are such talented writers and actors and singers. And they are hilarious.

Anyway, I got to see them perform this past weekend in their show Starkid Takes Manhattan and it was great. They are such wonderful performers and they are really dedicated to their fans. After the shows I got to meet a few of them and they are the nicest and friendliest people, so everyone should check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment