Saturday, June 13, 2015

Latest Obsession Numero Dos: Rock that Rock

So I haven't done a latest obsession in like, forever, because I suck. Sorry.

Moving on from that, new obsession!

My latest obsession is the band R5. I went through a mini obsession with them last summer when I heard one of their songs on pandora. They are a band of siblings from Colorado whom I later freaked out over when I found out they are cousins with Derek and Julianne Hough, (btw Derek is like a year-round obsession). They really got their start from being connected with Disney channel where they're lead singer and youngest sibling Ross stars in the show Austin and Ally. (Also I later found out oldest sibling Riker was a warbler in Glee and I am a die hard Warbler fan).

So they're my typical music taste- boy band. But they are fun pop-rock. I really like their music. Anyway I had a small obsession with them and then got over it for a while but then I found out that Riker was going to be on Dancing With the Stars, a show I watch religiously, and then of course got back into them, since watching the show made me fall in love with Riker. (OMG look up Riker Lynch doing his Jack Sparrow impression. It's the bomb.)

I'm also a fan of Ross' Disney Channel movie Teen Beach Movie, and Teen Beach 2 which comes out in 2 weeks. So yeah lately I've been falling in love with Ross and Riker. I mean, the band is these 4 blonde, perfect siblings (and 1 friend-non-sibling) and it's hard not to love them. Plus they all have such great personality.

Their early songs that I was obsessed with were "Here Comes Forever" and "If I Can't Be With You". They are on tour right now promoting their newest album of which my favorite song so far is "All Night". I'm also obsessed with "Things are Looking Up" from their EP.

Listen to the songs, I promise they're great.

No comments:

Post a Comment