Thursday, June 18, 2015

Feminist Rant to my Family 6/18

I’m forever going on feminist rant’s to my family since they don’t get it, so I figured I’d share them with the internet world.
Today, rant #1:
My brother comes home from the gym and tells me he doesn’t like when girls have defined biceps. I proceed to tell him that girls don’t obtain muscle for the pleasure of men, and that he has no right to say what kind of muscle definition women should or shouldn’t have. And that he better watch out before I and my biceps punch him. 
rant#2,
My mom and I are picking out bandanna's for my dog and she says to get blue because it’s manly. I stop and tell her that we shouldn’t impose gender stereotypes in our household. So she tells me to get the hot pink. I then have to explain that she’s just trying to please me by getting a girly color which is the opposite of manly, and that this still aids to gender stereotyping. So I tell her to pick a color she likes. We got a flag print. (I know it seems extreme in terms of a dog but hey, I gotta teach ‘em.)
Day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment