Monday, July 6, 2015

Don't Be Fooled: Newest Obsession

I'm lucky to have a lot of politically educated friends. They are such an inspiration to me. Recently, a lot of them have been talking about a particular website, which I thought was a great idea for a post.

I really love this site. It's called "I Side With". So often, we make judgments about political candidates that have nothing to do with their policies. We say we won't vote for them for reasons that are unrelated to political stances. I was talking the other day about something Hillary Clinton said that I really liked, and my brother exclaimed "I'd never vote for her, she's crazy!" I asked him what makes her crazy and he had no answer. My brother doesn't know a thing about politicians. He just knows what my parents have told him, or what he's seen in the media. But that's not accurate.

This site asks you your stance on an array of issues, without saying which candidates hold which stances. I think it is so important to vote for who best supports the issues you find important, regardless of some crazy things you hear about the candidates in the media. Now do I think my brother will end up siding with Hillary? Probably not, and I'm not saying he should or shouldn't. I just want everyone to have the opportunity to learn who they favor in the most objective way possible. 


So to finish this short post. Educate yourselves. Learn about the issues and figure out who you support- not who other people tell you to support. 

Take the quiz! (And make sure to vote in 2016!)
isidewith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment