Sunday, May 25, 2014

Poem of the Week

I know already posted one earlier this week but hey, I'm feeling generous.



What I'd Rather Do Than Tell Someone I Love Them

1) Blast music from my room at 3 am while sharing stories with a friend I've only recently met
2) Write a poem about my future by the light of the moon
3) Watch the Parent Trap and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with my mother on a Sunday afternoon
4) Read Ariel, listen to the Beatles and learn to waltz
5) Convert from Catholic to Baptist 
6) Reminisce about gym class in middle school
7) Wonder why the moon revolves around the Earth and then Google it
8) Sing Ain't No Sunshine on a sunny day with my guitar on my front lawn
9) Eat an apple, swim three miles, eat an apple
10) Date someone my parents hate so that when we break up they can be proud of me
11) Make a phone call to the only boy I've ever loved and let him know that I'm moving on 
12) Start a journal dedicated to Anne Frank
13) Convert back to Catholicism and go to confession 
14) Attend my middle school reunion
15) Sew into a quilt the words I never said to the Prima Donna who used to be my best friend
16) Re-read my middle school yearbook 
17) Watch my brother get beat up and that night egg the kid's car and slash his tires
18) Throw away any valentine I ever received
19) Wear a pair of jeans that make my butt look big
20) Try to remember what I learned in Biology
21) Try to remember sleepovers
22) Try to remember my first friend, first kiss, first dip in the pool, first feeling that felt like the rain forest
23) Try to remember the girl that died when she was 14 walking home from school
24) Re-visit middle school 
25) Dare to think about high school
26)Plan out my future while erasing the past
27) Take 3 more steps
28) 2 more
29) 1 more 
30) Tell anyone I knew in middle school that I miss them 
31) I miss them 
32) Wave goodbye
33) Take 4 steps backwards 
34) Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment