Friday, May 16, 2014

Why I hate Judge Judy

For all you court tv lovers, sorry, but coming from a legal perspective, this show is a waste of time and money.

My parents are obsessed with watching Judge Judy because it's entertaining to them, but the fact of the matter is that it's fake! She's a real judge and these are real cases, but don't fool yourselves, this is not what real court is like.

I have spent a good amount of time working in the court system, so this isn't coming from the perspective of the average person. Here's the thing. This show is nothing like the real thing. The judge does not yell at people in the middle of their statements or call them names or accuse them of lying. That's not even legal.

I hate Judge Judy. It's simple. I can't believe she ever made it through law school because she does not understand how to practice the law. She has her decisions made up before the trial, she doesn't let people explain their side, she basically sides with whoever she likes better. She assumes that she doesn't need the answers because she already knows them, and when she doesn't get the answer she is looking for, she calls the plaintiff/defendant stupid for not knowing exactly what she wants.

It's just a disgrace to the legal system. Lawyers out there, please tell me what you feel about this. Personally it makes me sick to watch her show. It gives people a false image of the courtroom, one that I am personally offended by. Her courtroom has no rules or morals and I just want people to know that this is not how the law actually works.

I would hope that someone who went through law school would have the integrity to carry it out properly, but I guess when you get paid as much as Taylor Swift, that money causes you to focus less on your actual job, and more on the attention you're getting.

Get off the stand Judy. I think your moods would be more suited for a lame reality tv series. Ever been to the shore?

No comments:

Post a Comment